Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Funny Things Students Say

This is from a student note card, which I asked my students to fill out about themselves:

-“Hobbies: Music like Metal, Eating Pork Chop (what?…That sounds like a Midwestern hobby to me), playing music, writing lyrics”

This is from a summer book review I asked students to write. Would you recommend this book to others?

-“I would recommend this book to another if they liked love stories, happy endings and romantic dinners (sounds like a couples ad).

Students also have great names. The double name is very common in Myanmar. For example, these are the names of some of my students:
Loan loan (girl), Toat toat (girl), Yan yan (boy), Ya ya (girl), Tu tu (boy), Htwe htwe (girl), Htet htet (boy), Kyaw kyaw (boy), Phyu phyu (girl)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys. Front page news today about the fuel protests. Thinking about you. What's going on? -Did you bring your bikes there?
Your schools look very nice, good looking kids. Very cool stuff. Enjoy and stay out of trouble!

E said...

i am loving all your stories and pictures! this is my favorite post so-far. pork chops, happy endings and romantic dinners...that is so funny!
miss you lots! :)

Anne said...

Read the news also and am concerned about you guys. Let us know. glad to here that all is well and your place looks nice.